Vinh and Nghe An province are rapidly growing tourist destinations on the North Central Coast of Vietnam, and are home to various attractions. The city features several unique sites including Song Lam (Light Blue River), Ho Chi Minh Square, Phuong Hoang Trung Do (Phoenix Capital with Quang Trung King Temple), Dung Quyet Mountain with picturesque and breathtaking scenery of the Lam River, Hong Linh Mountain Rank and East Vietnam Sea. President Ho Chi Minh’s hometown, Kim Lien, is 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) west of Vinh in Nam Dan district. Cửa Lò beach is 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) east of the center of the city, it is one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam.
Tourists can visit Hon Ngu island, the island is 4 km offshore. It consists of 2 islands: the larger stands at 133 metres (436 ft) above sea level and the smaller at 88 metres (289 ft). Pù Mát National Park, one of the largest and most well-preserved national parks in Vietnam, is located 120 kilometres (75 mi) west of Vinh. A local tour company offers guided tours of Pu Mat in English or Vietnamese, with the chance to explore Khe Kem Waterfall, Giang River boat trip, Pha Lai Dam, and “Sang Le” Forest.
Nguyễn Du’ homeland is 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) South of Vinh. He was a famous poem in the world with The Tale of Kieu.
- Quyet Mountain is 5 km South East from centre. Which is an ecological tourist area and bold cultural-historical-Nghe An. Quyet Mountain Park was built on the basis of preserving a cultural heritage-historical over 200 years. It was Phuong Hoang Trung Do (Phoenix Centre Capital) of Quang Trung King.
- Mường Thanh Safari Land, Mường Thanh Water Park are located in Dien Lam, Dien Chau about 60 km North from Vinh city centre. There are many wild animals from every part of the world, such as rhinos, giraffes, white tigers, yellow tigers, bears, elephants, hippos, zebras, hyenas and jaguars.
- Bai Lu Resort is located in Nghi Loc about 20 km North East from Vinh centre.Tourist can enjoy views beach by climing to the top of Heaven Gate mountain. It can be said “Da Lat on the sea”.
- Sunflower field in Nghia Dan, about 100 km North West from Vinh city, which is 80 hetares wide. Those flowers are in full bloom from late March to mid-April and mid-December yearly.
- Huong Tich pagoda (Ha Tinh), about 20 km south from Vinh city. The pagoda was built during the Tran kings attached to the Princess Dieu Thien. It was dubbed “First Hoan Chau spots” not only because this place is a unique landscape, but also because of the ancient sediments were handed thousands of years. Tourists can travel there by bus, boat trips on Nha Duong Lake, take the cable car up the mountain.
- Vinpearl Cua Hoi is 10 km east of Vinh City. With an area of 38.7 hectares, this is a world-class 5-star resort. This place has pristine beaches, large artificial pool, water park and other class services.
- Recreation center VRC on Phan Boi Chau street, near Vinh Station. It has a lot of exciting games such as bowling, pool, 4 seasons, racing, fitness, beauty, Lotte Cinema Center …
- City Hub (1st Le Hong Phong): Complex of entertainment center, Galaxy Cinema, food…
- Film Center North Central of Viet Nam on Quang Trung Street.
- Parks: Centre, Cua Nam, Cua Bac, Nguyen Tat Thanh, Cua Nam lake